Owner and Data ControllerTruePublic Inc. 159 N Sangamon St. Chicago, IL 60607 firstname.lastname@example.org
Types of Data Collected
- Region (Location)
- Political Leaning
- Information provided by you through your responses in polls
- Email Address
- Information provided by you in a message you send to us
- Device Brand and Model
- Mobile network information, including mobile carrier
- iOS Advertiser Identifier
- Operating System
- Your City, Region, Time Zone, and Country
- IP Address
How We Use Your InformationPersonal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
- To provide this website and mobile application.
- To provide you with services requested by you.
- To respond to your comments, questions, or requests.
- To store user preferences.
- To disseminate push notifications through the mobile application.
- To conduct analytics by enabling the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic.
- To track user behavior.
- To manage our business needs, such as monitoring, analyzing, and improving the services and the website’s performance and functionality.
- To manage risk and protect the website.
- To market to you.
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations.
How We Share Your InformationWe do not rent, sell or otherwise disclose personal information about our customers or website users with unaffiliated third parties for their own marketing use. We do not share your personal information with third parties except in the circumstances discussed below.
Within TruePublicWe may share your personal information with other TruePublic entities, brands, divisions, and subsidiaries to serve you, including for the activities listed above.
Our Business PartnersWe disclose personal information to third-party business partners who provide certain specialized services to us, to provide services on our behalf, or who co-operate with us on projects. These business partners operate as separate controllers, and are responsible for their own compliance with data protection laws. You should refer to their privacy notices for more information about their practices.
Mixpanel, Firebase, & Inapptics. We work with Mixpanel, Firebase, & Inapptics to collect and use information as described above. Please review their Privacy Policies for more information.
These service providers are contractually restricted from using or disclosing the information except as necessary to perform services or to comply with legal requirements.
Legal Requirements and Business TransfersWe may disclose personal information (i) if we are required to do so by law, legal process, statute, rule, regulation, or professional standard, or to respond to a subpoena, search warrant, or other government official requests, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, (iii) in connection with an investigation of a complaint, security threat, or suspected or actual illegal activity; (iv) in connection with an internal audit; or (v) in the event that TruePublic is subject to a merger or acquisition to the new owner of the business.
Your ChoicesWe offer certain choices about how we communicate with you and what personal information we obtain about you and share with others.
ProfileIf you have created a profile or account on our website, you can update your contact information after you log into your account.
Mobile DevicesIf you previously chose to receive push notifications on your mobile device from us but no longer wish to receive them, you can manage your preferences either through your device or the application settings. If you no longer wish to have any information collected by the mobile application, you may uninstall the application by using the uninstall process available on your mobile device. We encourage to you to visit your device’s help menu to learn about your options to limit tracking when using your device. For some information on controlling your mobile choices, click here.
User identification via a universally unique identifier (UUID)This Application may track Users by storing a so-called universally unique identifier (or short UUID) for analytics purposes or for storing Users' preferences. This identifier is generated upon installation of this Application, it persists between Application launches and updates, but it is deleted when the User deletes the Application. A new UUID is generated when the application is reinstalled.
Security of Your InformationTruePublic.com has implemented reasonable physical, technical, and administrative security standards to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, alteration, or destruction. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard personal information, no practices are 100% secure, and we do not guarantee the security of information. Outages, attacks, human error, system failure, unauthorized use or other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time. You must protect against unauthorized access to your computer and important information. We strongly recommend that you log off each time you finish using a shared computer.
European Union Users
Legal basis of processingThe Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
The rights of UsersUsers may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below. Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner. Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processingWhere Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection. Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rightsAny requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner through the contact details provided in this document. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
California Users – Your California Privacy RightsIf you are a California resident, you have the right to request information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year. You may make one request each year by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at: TruePublic Inc. 159 N Sangamon St. Chicago, IL 60607 If you are a California resident under the age of 18, and have a registered account with us, you have the right to request and obtain removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make a request, please send an email with a detailed description of the specific content or information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the information you have posted. There may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.
International Transfer of Information>Our website and mobile application is operated from and hosted on servers located in the United States. If you access and use our Site from a location outside of the United States, any personal data you provide to us or that is otherwise collected may be transferred to and processed in the United States or any other jurisdiction in our sole discretion. Users of our Site should be aware that the laws that apply to the use and protection of personal data in the United States or other countries or jurisdictions to which we transfer, or in which we process, personal data may differ from those of your country of residence. Users who access or use our Site from jurisdictions outside of the United States do so at their own choice and risk and are solely responsible for compliance with local law. The United States has NOT been deemed by the European Commission to ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data. Accordingly, the level of protection provided in the United States or other non-EU countries and jurisdictions from which you may access our Site may not be as stringent as that under EU data protection standards or the data protection laws of some other countries, possibly including your home jurisdiction.
Information Retention PeriodPersonal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore:
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
Device permissions for Personal Data accessDepending on the User's specific device, this Application may request certain permissions that allow it to access the User's device Data as described below. By default, these permissions must be granted by the User before the respective information can be accessed. Once the permission has been given, it can be revoked by the User at any time. In order to revoke these permissions, Users may refer to the device settings or contact the Owner for support at the contact details provided in the present document. The exact procedure for controlling app permissions may be dependent on the User's device and software. Please note that the revoking of such permissions might impact the proper functioning of this Application. If User grants any of the permissions listed below, the respective Personal Data may be processed (i.e accessed to, modified or removed) by this Application.
Phone permissionUsed for accessing a host of typical features associated with telephony. This enables, for instance, read-only access to the “phone state”, which means it enables access to the phone number of the device, current mobile network information, or the status of any ongoing calls.
Children’s Use of Our ServicesUnder no circumstance may persons under the age of 16 use this website or application.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
Legal actionThe User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services. The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Links to Other WebsitesOur website may provide links to other websites that we do not control or maintain. Those websites have their own privacy policies and we are not responsible for their actions or those of their operators. We urge you to read the privacy policies of other websites before submitting any information to those websites. For example:
How “Do Not Track” requests are handledThis Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.